Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ignored

You are so right, I have ignored you all, and I am here to try, try, try again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Isn't that terrible, but hey better late then never, right!?

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Donkey and I, of course, went to Florida. We had a wonderful time, I mean really wonderful. We did Disney hardcore, awesome, recommend to anyone. But don't take the kids, no I mean it, there is just so much a little person can take and Disney is too much for the little ones. We will wait until the grand babies are older for sure and then we might not be too selfish and take them.

Florida is wonderful and if you ever have the opportunity to go you should. And I strongly recommend doing the drive, so much to see. You can't read a book driving to Florida, you would be wasting the sites.

Christmas was just the two of us and that is how we brought in the New Year too, was great. Had some good times together, and I think we are lucky that way. When I talk to friends and family and they laugh at us for wanting these precious times together and alone, I wonder what is wrong with them that they wouldn't want to spend time alone as a couple. We are best friends by the way and for a reason, at least that is why I married him, because he is my best friend. I know yuck! And that is what he will say too.

So we are getting back to it, and that is yuck. Back to the grind of work and the reality of being over for another year. Nope I am lying, we are already talking about next year and what we want to do and see. Aren't we lucky! Damn straight!!!

This weekend we are planning Christmas dinner with the kids, who I would like to note have not responded about attending. And if any of you are reading this and don't respond to me by Friday, well it is off. I won't be cooking a turkey for you and if you show up you can piss off. I am feeling a little taken advantage of or under appreciated is maybe the word. I am your mother by the way, how about a little respect. Oh how about a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year or here is the really good one, thanks mom for the Christmas gift. I gave you life the last time I looked and life is short, and you will miss me when I am gone! You don't have to like me and I sure as hell don't have to like you or your choices, you are adults after all. But pretty shitty when you can't call, email or send a damn card. No I am not bitter, disappointed would be the emotion I feel the strongest.

Okay I got that off my shoulders, whew!

So yes I am cooking a turkey this weekend with all the fixings and doing a few new recipes, well I hope to anyways. Have them all set out and ready to go, really hope to not screw them up. Thought I would give Donkey the whole turkey cooking ritual off, he gets so stressed. He isn't as organized as I am in the kitchen. He definitely can cook better than me, but once upon a time I did do all the cooking, I want to experience it again and see what I remember. You are duly warned, haha!

As far as my postings go, I really am going to try harder and set aside a bit of time each day to blow off my emotional steam and share my boring life with all those interested in reading about it.

Hugs and kisses everyone and talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment